Friday, June 29, 2018

Book M.A.S.H.

So, I wasn't tagged, but I saw this tag in Nose Stuck In A Book and I wanted to try it out! It was really fun and I spent an alarming amount of time looking at all my books and thinking of all the media that I enjoy to chose the four items in each category, so I hope you like the story that I end up giving at the end of this post because I do.

THE RULES:
  • Link back to the original post on Kyera’s Library so she can see all your answers! (Be sure to do this via pingback, she won’t get notified if you just tag the URL)
  • Thank the person(s) who tagged you… show the community some love!
  • Obviously, come up with your wonderful answers!
  • Don’t forget to tag others to keep the tag going!
HOW TO PLAY: *rules copied from Kyera's post*

"For those who are unfamiliar, I’ll (attempt to) explain the game. You have ten different categories and you want to populate each of them with four different answers. Depending on your preference, you can do four good options or two good and two bad. The second makes the game a little more exciting because you are worried you’ll end up with a bad option.
In the classic game, you would be doing this with another person. They would tell you to close your eyes and draw a spiral. When they tell you to stop – you stop and count the number of lines in your spiral. Essentially, if you drew a line through the center of the spiral, how many times would it intersect? That is your magic number.
If you’re by yourself, you can always just pick a number and use that as your magic number.
Starting at M.A.S.H. count each option until you reach the magic number then cross it off. For example, if your magic number was 3 you would count 1 – M, 2 – A, and 3 – S. Then you would cross off S. H would become your new 1. You continue this through each category, crossing off as you go until there is one option left for each category.
What you have left is your YA story! If what I wrote made no sense to you, sorry – you can always go to this website which explains how to play with some pictures."
Now here is my game!
M.A.S.H.

Genre
1. Fantasy
2. Paranormal
3. Historical Fiction
4. Science Fiction

Love Interest
1. Edythe Cullen
2. Rowan (Iron Fey series)
3. Minho
4. Clary Fray

Setting
1. Middle Earth
2. Nevernever
3. Forks, WA
4. Post-apocalyptic world (like Divergent or Hunger Games)

Best Friend
1. Puck/Robin Goodfellow
2. Uriah
3. Gimli
4. Izzy Lightwood

Villain
1. Sebastian Morgenstern
2. Jeanine Matthews
3. The One Who Is The One
4. A demon

Pet
1. Cait Sith/cat
2. Hellhound
3. Weasel
4. None

Job
1. Necromancer
2. Librarian
3. Runner
4. Dwarf smith/Blacksmith

Transportation
1. Giant eagle
2. Portals
3. Dragon
4. Train

Power
1. None
2. Healing
3. Strength
4. Telekinesis

Trope or Plot Twist
1. Forbidden love
2. Deathly plague
3. Government experimentation
4. Long-lost sibling 

My YA Sci-fi summary, I'll even make up a title for you all.

The Newest Sci-Fi Adventure! Steel-Forged Stars

Monica is a blacksmith in the walled society of Mexus, the second oldest planet city created after Earth overheated and exploded hundreds of years ago. With her best friend Gimli, they work and live together in an abandoned mansion left behind by the founding families who have moved on to the newest city development with Monica's pet Weasel, Cougar. 

Life on Mexus seemed to be doing great, until secret dealings by The One Who Is The One, the current elected leader of the solar system, brought new problems and troubles to what was once a quiet and low maintenance city. Edythe, who was sent to Mexus by the supposed long-lost sibling of Monica, there is not stopping the three from traveling by portals to the Solar Center to stop The One.

With no powers besides her smith skills and her brains, will Monica be able to save the world she knew? Or could the whole solar system fall apart? Find out in Steel-Forged Stars by Monica Laurette.

What did your YA M.A.S.H. turn out to be? Let me know in the comments (this is me tagging you to do the Bookish M.A.S.H.)! And this is actually a decent story idea that I might keep it and just change some of the names, maybe add another trope and twist while I'm at it too!

à bientôt!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for doing the tag and super fun story!

    ReplyDelete

Barkskins by Annie Proulx

So this book was given to me by my French advisor as a gift before my graduation, and I was so excited to start it that I added it to my T...