Monday, April 8, 2019

Bookish M.A.S.H. 2019

So I saw that Nose Stuck in a Book did this tag again, and is planning to do it every year...and I've needed more content lately, and since I loved the tag before when I did it first, I'm going to do it again too! So this begins my yearly game of Bookish M.A.S.H.!

The rules of M.A.S.H. are somewhat simple...you have multiple categories and four choices in each. Then you choose a number (spiral, number generator, etc.) and count down all the choices until there is only one left in each. That's your answer! If that's still too confusing to understand look at both of the posts linked here or look up the game online, better rules are put there than here.

For this of course I'm going to take all my answers and morph them into a story summary. I think it might be fun to also have some of the crossed out options from my last game as well and only come up with one or two new items for those categories (also at the time of writing this I don't have much brain power to think of other things haha). Next time I'll go completely new without looking back.

My last story summary of Steel-Forged Stars was really interesting and I'm still going to actually write it, just have to change some of the names! Let's see what this year's M.A.S.H. will have in store for me!


M.A.S.H.

Genre
Historical Fiction
Paranormal
Fantasy
Soft Crime

Love Interest
Meredy Crowther
Dakari
Minho
Kili (because the movie version tbh)

Setting
Medieval times
SPACE
Modern day city
Middle Earth

Best Friend
Arya Stark
Uriah
Bella Swan
Robin Goodfellow/Puck

Villian
A demon
Sauron/The Ring
(prince) Hadrien
Government leader(s)

Pet
Cat
Hellhound
Snake
Dragon

Job
Necromancer
Librarian
Hunter
Runner

Transportation
Train
Wings
Giant bird
Water travel

Power
Healing
Object manipulation/Telekinesis
Weather power
Mind control

Trope or Plot Twist
Forbidden love
Deathly Plague
Government experimentation
Secret power(s)

oh boy this is going to be fun to mix all together

The Newest story from Monica Laurette: Hidden in the Sky


Monica stays hidden in the city, not because of her job as a necromancer, but because of her wings and her powers. If anyone but her best friend, Uriah, knew how she could get around the underworld to destroy souls, she would be sent away to a prison island where her magic would not work.

Working with a cat, who also helps out in her work, and sharing a small house in the village closest to the castle, Monica is surprised when the niece of the King, Meredy, comes stumbling through her door during a storm, telling Monica that a demon who had escaped the underworld was now holding her family hostage.

Monica, Meredy, Uriah, and Bello the cat must now travel the lands of the kingdom, and the underworld to stop this demon who could also reveal the secrets Monica has tried so hard to keep in the dark.

Can Monica keep her powers a secret while also saving the royal family? What are these feelings she has towards Meredy? Just how will Monica, along with Bello, defeat this demon? And why does Bello's tail keep getting puffier with each passing day? Follow along the adventures in Hidden in the Sky, but beware your own secrets as well.


I hope you all liked this version of Bookish M.A.S.H.! What did your answers come out to be? Was there a choice you wish you hadn't crossed out (I know there were some for me! but the spiral must be obeyed!), let me know! Should I expand on this idea as well and make it a WIP (as if I need more of those)?

À bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barkskins by Annie Proulx

So this book was given to me by my French advisor as a gift before my graduation, and I was so excited to start it that I added it to my T...