Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Wonder Woman Book Tag

If you know me, you know that I love superheroes, especially the women ones (because who doesn't????). And I love Wonder Woman. The Wonder Woman movie by Patty Jenkins was AMAZING and I even wrote a paper on it with a research partner on how the movie changed the film industry view on women, and we won an award...so I'm passionate about all of this.

So when I saw Kathryn at Nose Stuck in a Book doing this tag, I had to do it too! Also I fell in LOVE with the photo she had at the top of her blog so I'm going to put it on mine so more people can see her work. Here's her post on it. Now let's get into this!



Wonder Woman: Your favorite badass female book character =

For me, it's always been Katniss Everdeen. To me, she's such a dynamic character who went through some terrible events in her life, and her reactions to it all and what was going on around her was so real and I felt that I could connect with her in her struggles. I'll always love her.


Fantasy Island: A book setting you want to escape to =
Am I allowed to choose the secret island full of strong women? Comics count as books right?

A book setting that I have always loved is the Nevernever from the Iron Fey books. While I'd probably DIE within a week of getting there because I am not aware of my surroundings, I've always found it really pretty there.

Panem is next of course, because I want to live in the world after the games and explore all the old arenas and stuff like that. Imagine the finds you'd get...and the ghosts!


London: A hyped book that let you down =

I tend not to read many hyped books that I didn't like. I do research on the books and look at other reviews from people I trust to figure out if the book is something I would want to read. For me, the hype that let's me down comes from movies and TV shows.


Steve Trevor: A book that has a beautiful cover and a great story (i.e. good personality) =

Reign of the Fallen. The cover was so pretty and the story behind it was full of mystery and just all around a great story with a deep plot and realistic characters. While the cover wasn't all of the place with decoration and designs, the lone diamond-esque skull with the crown was beautiful and didn't take away from the book.


Lasso of Truth: A book you hated =

For Whom the Bell Tolls will always hold this spot for me. I've never read a book as terrible as this one. I get that Hemingway is supposed to be one of the greats in the 'forgotten children' generation or whatnot...but I hate his writing and how he wrote on the female characters and constantly comparing them to rabbits...no...never again.


Wonder Woman's Shield: A book so sad that you need a shield =
Honestly, the strength in this scene still gets me.

For me there are two books that work with this.

First: The Host, when I got to that last chapter where they were taking out Wanda I almost sobbed, I was ready to be so upset, but then everything was okay.

Second: Witch and Wizard: The Lost, it was the end of the series for one (last I knew) and what happened to one of the characters was so shocking and rocked me to my core because those books got me back into reading so it was like losing a friend.


Ares: A villain that is scary, but you can't seem to hate them =

My Iron Fey friends know that I love Rowan even though he's a terrible person...but it's also not the canon Rowan I love as much as the Rowan we have within our fandom. I also agree with Kathryn that Sebastian Morgenstern is a character that I love to hate.


The Amazons: A book that you wish had more/better LGBT+ representation =

Speaking as a member of the LGBT+ community...a lot of them. If you don't even have at least two LGBT+ characters in your book...it's a little unrealistic to me. I mean, it's hard to live in the real world and not know at least three people who are LGBT+, why make your book not reflect that?


Justice League: What superhero friends do you tag =

I don't really have many friends I interact with on here at the moment (I am going to change that by being more active here once I graduate and have more time for this stuff), so I tag anyone who reads this post and wants to also do the tag! Whether just in the comments or on your own blog, I love seeing other people's answers.

What are your answers to these questions? Do you love Wonder Woman as much as I do? Let me know in the comments below!


Photo/GIF creds: Kathryn's art board of WW, glowing bracelets, Themyscira, Steve Trevor, lasso toss, shield, ares (its a YouTube thumbnail), amazons, justice league promo, WW logo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barkskins by Annie Proulx

So this book was given to me by my French advisor as a gift before my graduation, and I was so excited to start it that I added it to my T...