Thursday, January 3, 2019

New Year, Same Me, New Adventures, New Stories

So this is my first post of the year. And I had planned to do about two others before 2018 had ended, but oh well. My body wanted to rest and my friends wanted to see me. I was able to bust out of my depression for that.

However this year has so many exciting things coming my way, and I'm so excited for them. So excited I'm going to make a list. Lists are fun.


  1. I am going to be graduating from college (undergrad) in May with TWO bachelor's degrees! One in French and the second in Media Studies Communication. It's bittersweet to be ending my undergrad career, but I've also been looking forward to this day since I started.
  2. I'm going to see my twin sister and nephew again! They are (hopefully) coming up for my graduation and our birthday. I haven't seen either of them since about a month before they moved to Texas, a very far distance away from me.
  3. When I go back to school this semester I will be working with the Communication department again like I did the last two(ish) years. I loved working with my professors and the admin and the only reason I wasn't working there last semester is because I was supposed to be in Canada, but that's explained in this earlier post.
  4. There is a possibility of my mother taking me to Quebec after I graduate (and after my sister leaves) for a long weekend or a week so that I can still experience the city. But of course, I'll go back for a longer period of time for another vacation.
  5. I have an opportunity to teach English in France for seven months starting in October. I still have to finish my application but I'm excited to find out if I get accepted and finding a place and learning where I would be teaching. It'd be such a great experience. I'm even going to be sitting in on a TESOL class to give me some insiders and skills for teaching English.
  6. If I don't get into that program (I can always reapply later for different years), I would take a year off of school to start looking into grad schools and choosing a program. Because I need a break from schooling. Part of me wants to just jump right into grad school after undergrad if I don't get into the France program, but I also know that I need to give myself a break, or I'll burn myself out.
  7. THIS is the year I'm going to get my license. Depression and anxiety have caused me to take a really long time to get into driver's ed (right before college) and I have taken the driving test, but I failed. School has made it hard to practice, but I am going to be working with my mother while I am home and hope to get my license either before the start of this semester or after during the summer. I need to get a license and start being more independent with my life.

That's most of what I'm excited about this coming year. I don't say it often because normally I don't think of myself as a 'go-getter' but I want to make this year, MY YEAR. I'll let you all know if that actually happens.

I've made a reading challenge this year of 15 books, like last year, and I have a list of books that I want to get done this year. And if I get into this French teaching program, I'll be able to take my tablet and read the books on there so I can save some room in my suitcases haha.

I hope you all also have some exciting things coming for you in 2019, even if you don't know about it yet. Whether it be love, or success, or graduating (from school or a certain time in your life), maybe even just finishing up one of the goals that you've had for years. I will wish only good onto your lives, because that's what I wish for my life this year.

Time to spend the rest of this third day of the year to watch Criminal Minds with my mother and do some cleaning in my room.

À bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barkskins by Annie Proulx

So this book was given to me by my French advisor as a gift before my graduation, and I was so excited to start it that I added it to my T...