Monday, October 1, 2018

Reading Challenge 2018 Completed!


Yay! Another year in the bag! I made a small goal this year, due to the fact I thought I was going to be in another country and just a lot busier. But I completed it, which still needs to be celebrated.

So, by small goal, I mean I only gave myself a goal of 15 books this year. Not too hard, but like I had said before, I thought I was going to be in another country, and also, novellas are wonderful for raking in reads during the year. Maybe next year I’ll go up to 20 books. That’s how many that I was able to read last year, going over my other goal of 15 books, reading 16 by the time of this post's publication, and by the looks of it, I am going to go well over the goal again this year. I have a vocab-building book from one of my classes, and I plan to read at least one more book before the school year ends. So that's at least two more.

It almost seems to me that I chose the smaller numbers so I can have that wonderful feeling of going above and beyond the amount that I had originally wanted to do. But just hitting the challenge might be what I do next year.

Also side note, I love the fact that the reading challenge had like an orange/red look to it because orange is my favorite color.

Because I read mainly scholarly books and many novellas in one edition, I don't have a lot of reviews out for this year. But here are two that tie into the books that I read this year so far!

Death Cure review
Fault of our Intuitions (a post I made about a quote in one of my French Revolution books I read for a class)

À bientôt!

Photo/Gif creds: challenge photo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barkskins by Annie Proulx

So this book was given to me by my French advisor as a gift before my graduation, and I was so excited to start it that I added it to my T...