Thursday, December 6, 2018

Disney Princess Book Tag

So, of course I got an idea from Nose Stuck In A Book, and you should all go and read her post on this tag, but I also wanted to try this due to my love of books and my love of Disney. If only that was my college major. Books and Disney. Imagine the homework!

The Rules (copied right from Kathryn's blog)

  • Mention where you saw the tag/thank whoever tagged you because that's always good fun
  • Tag Book Princess Reviews and Zuky with your posts so we can check out the wonderful Princess fun throughout the blog world (BPR is this link and Zuky’s is here) (I can't do ping backs off here so I can't do this, sadness)
  • Play a game of tag at the end!

Now the ladies:

Snow White: This Book (like the Movie) Started it All

Favorite debut book from an author

I guess I can say that my favorite debut book is either The Iron King or the Hunger Games. I loved those books so much, they helped really fuel my reading life and the kinds of books that I read (and I know Suzanne Collins wrote other books before THG but they weren't in the same genre/age-range so I don't count it personally).

Cinderella: A Diamond in the Rough

Just like Cinderella, you either didn't expect much out of this character in the beginning but turned out be a total JEM

I guess this comes with most books, there's a character that I just don't like, but I end up being okay with them by the end of the day. I honestly can't think of a specific person at the moment.

Aurora: Sleeping Beauty

A book that makes you sleepy or just could not hold your attention 

I read at night so many books make me feel sleepy, but books that don't hold my attention don't stay in my mind or my Goodreads. Also, reading the Lord of the Rings books always makes me sleepy but I'm interested in the story.

Ariel: Under the Sea

A book with a water/ocean setting

I mean, I haven't read it yet, but the Seafarer's Kiss has an ocean setting with a female Viking and a mermaid. I just have to get my hands on a copy of it. Only thinking of the books I have read, no ocean settings.

Belle: Beauty and the Books

Name a book with the best bookworm/book lover 

I mean, I have read one of the original Beauty and the Beast novellas so I guess that one. Also, Tessa Grey and Will Herondale from the Infernal Devices books really liked to read, so I'll include them in here as well. As I was typing this I remembered them haha.

Jasmine: The Thief and the Princess

Name a book with an unlikely love story (either in terms of romance or a book you didn't expect to love so much)

Most of the time I only read books that I know I'll like, but I guess I can say that it's Witch and Wizard by James Patterson. I've talked about this story a lot but basically I was told to read this book for a homework assignment and fell in love with books again. So thanks Wisty and Whit.

Pocahontas: The Real Life Princess

Name a book that is based on a real-life person you want to read/have read 

So I while ago I got a book called 'Suite Française' by Irène Némirovsky. While it's not exactly about her life, it's two parts of a five-part story that took her years to write, and then she got arrested during the process, and her daughters hid the book, only to bring it out years later when it was safe and have it published (and translated). She was killed in WW2 before she could complete it, and I think that's just the saddest thing to me right now, and also a fear of mine.

Mulan: The Princess that Saved Her Country

Name the fiercest heroine you know 

One heroine in any book series that I loved is Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games. I will defend those books and Katniss with my life and a new fire has been lit of my love due to the 10th-anniversary editions of the books came out. I have such a large need to reread them, but I no longer own the books (long story).

Tiana: The Princess With the Coolest and Most Diverse Crew

Name a diverse book whether it is a diverse set of characters (like Tiana's group of Naveen, Louis, Ray, and more) or just divers in general 

The first two books in the Galahad series, Comet's Curse and Web of Titan. I feel they're two of the most diverse books I've read in a while because all the characters are under the age of 16/17 (could be younger) and they come from all ends of the earth. I think it had said in the book it wanted to save all cultures or languages or something of that nature, or that was my own thought process. The premise of the world ending from a curse and the only ones saved were these kids in a large ship...was also pretty cool to read.

Rapunzel: Let Your Longggggg Hair Down

Name the LONGEST book you've ever read 

Under The Dome is the longest book I've read if I combine both parts that I read because I had them separate and not in the same book, it's around 1,070 pages.

Merida: I Determine My Own Fate

A book where there is no love story/interest or isn't needed

Out of all the books that I have read, The Hobbit is the one that I pick for this. There was no romance within the story (at least none that I can remember). I know there is another book on my shelf that is like that but I can't picture it/remember it at the moment.

Anna/Elsa: Frozen Hearts

A book in a winter/cold setting 

A book that I read three years ago (I've been meaning to get to the other two but I'll probably have to reread the first one again for refreshing) is Greta and the Goblin King. I got it on my Kindle for free and one day decided to try it out and see what it was all about. It had intrigued me enough to download. In the end, I found the book was very good and unique from other books in the same genre.

Moana: How Far I'll Go

A character that goes on a journey

Basically, every book that I have read a character has gone on a journey, whether it be a physical one or an emotional/mental/educational one. There's always a journey to a story.


Those are my princess books! I had a lot of fun doing this (even though it's taken me so long to actually get this out because school is kicking my butt). Let me know what your answers for each princess was, I'm always curious for other people's answers.

À bientôt!

Photo/Gif creds: snow white, cinderella, aurora, ariel, belle, jasmine, pocahontas, mulan, tiana, rapunzel, merida, anna/elsa, moana,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barkskins by Annie Proulx

So this book was given to me by my French advisor as a gift before my graduation, and I was so excited to start it that I added it to my T...