Thursday, October 19, 2017

Reading Challenge 2017 Completed!


Just the other day I was so happy to have gotten the notification that I have completed my reading challenge for 2017.  My plan was originally read 20 books, which I brought down to 15, and as of this post, I have read 16 books.  I did it!

I brought my amount down from 20 to 15 because I didn't feel that with school and other activities that I'd have the time to read 20 books, but it seems that I will get closer to it than I thought. I have gone OVER my challenge amount.

The last time I completed my challenge was in 2015 when I read 33 out of 20 books. It was a great year for me.  The next year I was going to try 20 books again, thinking I could do what I did the year before, but I only read 19. I knew that this year I should either put 15 or 20 books and I wanted to push myself.  So I put down the bigger number.  About halfway through the summer, I thought that I wouldn't get enough books and that trying to get to that higher number wouldn't be healthy for my mental state, so I lowered it. But thankfully from reading some books for my classes and finding some small amount of actual free time I was able to reach and go beyond my goal. It's surprisingly liberating to have the goal completed. Like a weight was lifted off my shoulder from this year.

Most of the books that I have read this year I have only reviewed on my Goodreads account, and one I reviewed on this blog. I have stopped making book reviews on my YouTube account because I never really have the time to stop and make a video, I'm just always moving. As it is it took me a few days just to write this post because I've been bouncing all over my campus doing so many things.  I can't wait to see what other books that I read this year!  I'll post a blog post on one of the last days of the year listing all the books that I have read and what rating I gave them.

À bientôt!

Reading Challenge photo from Goodreads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barkskins by Annie Proulx

So this book was given to me by my French advisor as a gift before my graduation, and I was so excited to start it that I added it to my T...